Thursday, May 13, 2010

SET BACK

I had a mild set back on Saturday.

My husband and I went to a really cool fund raiser. I was doing well until they had a bunch of speakers. I like to look at people when they talk so I tried to turn my very uncomfortable chair toward the speaker so I didn't strain my new neck.

Man can they talk a lot of these functions! Between the chair and turning, my neck got really angry! I tried to find a place to lay down for a bit to let the muscles have a break and stop spasming but no luck. My sweet husband took me home.

I cried a bit on the way home partly from the discomfort and partly because I felt like I took a step back. My husband looked at me and said, "think back to where you were a few months ago." He was right, as usual, I have come a far way but I'm use to being so strong and independent.

So the next day was Mothers Day and it was wonderful. I had nice chairs and everything worked out well.

Knowing that the ups and downs will come will hopefully let you continue on your path of healing or to know what you may be facing if you're just going in for surgery. I am glad I did this just want to be totally healed and forgetting what it was like LOL


Lynn Hahn  www.getrealfit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment