Thursday, April 22, 2010

TIME FOR A LITTLE EXERCISE


At my 6 week extremely restricted time, I was able to go to a physical therapist.

I was given neck exercises and they gave me exercises for my transverse abdominus muscle. That's the muscle under your pelvic floor. It's really important to have a strong TA muscle.

The TA muscle helps to support your back. It's like a girdle holding everything together.

One exercise I was given required me to lay on my back and put my feet on an exercise ball, engage and hold my TA muscle by contracting like taking a bowel movement and holding the lower abs tight while I rolled the ball toward me and then back 20 times. I had to do 3 sets.

You'll want to get the okay from your doctor or PT before you do any exercises. You might want to ask them about this one. 

I was given lots of exercises using the ball. It's a great thing to have!

Lynn Hahn   www.getrealfit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment