Sunday, April 18, 2010

WALKING AND BONE FUSION

Walking a lot does help with bone fusion!

I started to walk around my house a few days after surgery. It was tough. I felt like my head was going to roll off my shoulders.

My doctor did not like me to wear my soft collar. I had to sometimes so I could walk.

I didn't like taking pain pills so I stopped them after about a week and used Tylenol. I was told not to use Ibuprofen because it slows down fusion. I wanted to fuse as fast as I could.

I did take pain pills at night if it got too painful for me.

I worked up to 2 half hour walking sessions a day per my doctors orders. I wasn't able to walk fast until I was at least 6 months post surgery.

I walked the neighborhood so I knew where all the pot holes were. I didn't want to fall down or get chased by dogs.

The kids made fun of me sometimes because I walked so slow. I didn't care for that much but hey kids are kids.


Lynn Hahn    www.getrealfit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment