Friday, April 16, 2010

BONE STIMULATOR

I was give a bone stimulator prior to my surgery. I was lucky because I got a representative that was very well informed as to the short comings of the device.

She told me to wait until I stopped having spasms in my back to wear the stimulator.

I waited 5 weeks before I wore it. The back spasms were still there just not as bad.

I hated that thing from the day I put it on! I'm really small so didn't fit right. It dug into my shoulders and made me cramp worse than I already was.

The representative told me to put a towel under the device and to squeeze the back of it together so it fit better.

I had to wear it 4 hours a day. I was told an hour at a time was needed, anything less than that was not effective. I split my time into 3 sessions.

They told me to wear it for 6 months so I wore it for 6 months and then had a chocolate party when I got to take it off!

I have no idea if it helps with the fusion but that's the theory.

Lynn Hahn  www.getrealfit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment