Monday, April 26, 2010

READING MADE BEARABLE

Reading was an issue for me. I started with books on tape and then advanced to using a book holder. Holding a book was too uncomfortable for me.

I still use the book holder and will always. It's tough on your neck to look down and read.

I learned to set up my computer so I was looking straight ahead with my book stand next to it so when I type I don't look down.  I also learned to keep my arms down while typing and using my mouse.

My chair is one with all the bells and whistles so I can adjust it to my body. My feet are to be flat on the floor. I was taught to have lumbar support and arm support. I love my chair!

It took about 2 or 3 months before I could work on my computer. Then I only was able to sit for 15 to 20 minutes at a time. I needed to lay my head down after that to rest my overwhelmed neck muscles.


Lynn Hahn    www.getrealfit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment