Saturday, April 10, 2010

DIET BEFORE SURGERY

I went on line and looked at several ideas on what to eat the day before surgery. I compared notes and came up with a simple low fat diet which was pretty boring LOL but I stuck to it. Here's the site that I used.

http://www.hss.edu/conditions_your-diet-preparing-for-surgery.asp#7

My surgeon wanted me to fast for 12 hours before my surgery. I did so.

I didn't do very well after surgery despite the bland diet. I'm very small and they gave me too much anesthesia so I threw up when I got home. (My surgery was done out patient)

I hope that if I was given the right amount of anesthesia that would not have happened. Who knows but I tried to set myself up for success. As you know that doesn't always happen.

So on I went anyway.


Lynn Hahn   www.getrealfit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment